Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • Andie MacDowell, 65, Rocks Gray Curls and Crop Top at Paris Fashion Week Uncategorised
  • Laurence Fox and Calvin Robinson sacked by GB News Uncategorised
  • Watch Kelsea Ballerini and Chase Stokes Make Stunning Met Gala Debut Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Luke Black, Blind Channel, Diljá and more Uncategorised
  • Vienna named host city of Eurovision 2026 with grand final set for May 16 Uncategorised
  • Ukrainian dancers call on the world audience tolearn more about the art of dance during the war
    Watch, feel and share – Ukrainian dancers call on the world audience tolearn more about the art of dance during the war Uncategorised
  • Britney Spears’ book: The Woman In Me is an angry, cautionary tale Uncategorised
  • Russell Brand charged with rape and sexual assault Uncategorised

Marvel star Majors avoids jail and gets probation

Posted on 8 April 2024 By Admin No Comments on Marvel star Majors avoids jail and gets probation
Jonathan Majors arrives with girlfriend Meagan Good for sentencing in his domestic abuse case at Manhattan Criminal CourtGetty Images
By Helen Bushby
Culture reporter

Jonathan Majors has been sentenced to probation after he was found guilty of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, British choreographer Grace Jabbari.

The US actor, dropped by Marvel after his conviction, must now complete a 52-week domestic violence intervention programme.

He avoided up to a year in jail after being convicted of third-degree assault and second-degree harassment last year.

Majors must also continue with mental health therapy, the judge ruled.

Justice Michael Gaffey of the state Supreme Court in Manhattan sentenced Majors to conditional discharge after noting that both sides in the case agreed the charges did not warrant jail time.

Instead, the judge ruled Majors must complete the “in-person batterer’s intervention programme” in Los Angeles, where the actor lives.

Majors had played villain Kang the Conqueror in the Marvel films. He starred in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania last February and in Disney+ series Loki, now in its second season.

  • Jonathan Majors: The downfall of Marvel’s rising star

In her impact statement, Jabbari said she had been left in emotional and physical pain.

The court heard Majors and Jabbari were in a car in New York when she saw a text message from another woman on Majors’ phone, which said: “Wish I was kissing you right now.”

Prosecutors say that when she took the phone, Majors grabbed her, twisted her arm behind her back and hit her in the head to get it back.

Ms Jabbari was left with a fractured finger, bruising and a cut behind her ear.

Majors had denied assaulting Ms Jabbari and filed charges against her, claiming she was the one who assaulted him. Prosecutors said the case lacked merit.

Majors did not comment as he left the courtroom.

In a recent interview with ABC News, the actor said he was “shocked” at the guilty verdict and he believed he would eventually be back to work in Hollywood. “I pray that I do,” he said.

Related Topics

  • New York City

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: 2024 CMT Music Awards: Red Carpet Arrivals
Next Post: Poll: Who gave the best live performance at the London Eurovision Party 2024?

Related Posts

  • EBU issues statement “firmly opposing” abuse and harassment of Eurovision 2024 artists over Israel’s participation Uncategorised
  • Estonia at Junior Eurovision 2024: ANNABELLE with “Tänavad” Uncategorised
  • Why Gillian Anderson found it scary to play Emily Maitlis Uncategorised
  • Revisiting Oasis’ first tour venues, 30 years on Uncategorised
  • Russell Brand quizzed by Met Police over sex offence allegations Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Joker Out, Marco Mengoni, Blanka and more Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Olivia Colman and Benedict Cumberbatch’s secrets to successful marriages
  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Poland reveals 10 finalists for Wielki final polskich kwalifikacji national final Uncategorised
  • Nina Zizic wins our Montesong 2024 poll…ahead of Tamara Zivkovic Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Sam Ryder, Bambie Thug, KALUSH and more Uncategorised
  • Vogue’s new editor says she has ‘big shoes to fill’ Uncategorised
  • Paris Hilton Says She Had 45 Wedding Dresses: ‘I Tried to Wear as Many as Possible’ Uncategorised
  • Margot Robbie Sheds Her ‘Barbie’ Pink for Chic Beige Swimsuit While Vacationing in Greece Uncategorised
  • Spain’s Prime Minister calls for Israel to be banned from Eurovision, as RTVE requests voting reform Uncategorised
  • Brat to Brit Awards: Charli XCX leads nominations with five Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme