Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • La Fazani wins Kosovo’s first edition of Festivali i Këngës në RTK with “Oj Kosovë” Uncategorised
  • 2024 Paris Fashion Week Celebrity Sightings Uncategorised
  • Warner Bros Discovery and Paramount in merger talks Uncategorised
  • Drake’s security guard shot at rapper’s Toronto home Uncategorised
  • Ukraine: ANKA wins the wildcard for Vidbir 2024 with “Palala” Uncategorised
  • PARG wins Depi Evratesil 2025 and will represent Armenia with “Survivor” Uncategorised
  • The planespotter angering Taylor Swift and Elon Musk Uncategorised
  • Pulp unveil their first new album in 24 years Uncategorised

Game of Thrones star withdraws from Strictly with stress

Posted on 21 August 2025 By Admin No Comments on Game of Thrones star withdraws from Strictly with stress

Game of Thrones star withdraws from Strictly with stress

Kristian Nairn
Kristian Nairn said he is having treatment and assured fans “I’m OK”

Game of Thrones actor Kristian Nairn has pulled out of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing, just days after the line-up was announced, saying he’s been struggling with “a high level of stress and a little bit of grief”.

Nairn, 49, is best known for playing Hodor – the guileless servant of House Stark – in HBO’s fantasy drama.

He told his Instagram followers that after the line-up announcement last week, his problems had “manifested physically” for the first time and had caused “a spike in my vitals as an area of concern”.

He added: “I’m gutted. I was really looking forward to taking part in this.”

Kristian Nairn wearing a green leather jacket and medallion standing in front of Game of Thrones graphics at the premiere for the sixth season at TCL Chinese Theatre on April 10, 2016 in Hollywood
Nairn played Hodor in the first four seasons of Game of Thrones

Nairn is also known for playing Wee John Feeney in the US TV period comedy drama Our Flag Means Death, and is a house music DJ.

Last Friday, the 6ft 10in Northern Irishman became the 15th and final contestant to be unveiled for this year’s Strictly.

Medical check

“I’ve been given a wonderful opportunity to be part of the Strictly Come Dancing family, as you may know,” he said in an Instagram video on Thursday.

“Sadly, I’m having to withdraw from this year’s show. There’s been such a response, I definitely want to share why. Like so many people at the minute, I’ve been dealing with a high level of stress and a little bit of grief, if I’m going to be really real.

“I’ve always been my mother’s son and I’ve always powered through things like this in the past. I think I’ve got a pretty healthy attitude towards stuff like this. Well, I thought I did, at least.

“But for the first time it’s manifested physically and has caused a spike in my vitals as sort of an area of concern.

Kristian Nairn looking out from behing a mask of Gary Davies's face in the radio studio with Radio 2 logos
Nairn was revealed as a Strictly contestant on Gary Davies’s BBC Radio 2 show on Friday

“I am a big guy, always have been, ever since I set foot on this Earth, so I take my health very seriously, and I do see my doctor all the time, and I was checked for the show two weeks before [the announcement] and everything was fine, so he was happy for me to take part.

“Please know I’m OK. I’m under treatment already, and my doctor isn’t concerned. After two, maybe three weeks, I’ll be pretty much back to normal, but sadly… it’s not going to be in time for all the training and everything like that.”

‘Taking it easy’

Nairn went on to say he had been “100% supported” by producers and others on the show.

“I’m going to be taking it easy for now, and I’ll be able to return to work very shortly.”

He added: “We live in strange, crazy times at the moment. So without being preachy, please look after yourself. Don’t ignore what’s going on inside your head.

“This is something I haven’t dealt with before, so this has really come as a surprise for me. I always thought I had this.”

He asked people not to worry about him, saying: “I’ve totally got this.”

When his participation was announced last Friday, he said taking part in the dance contest would be “a huge challenge for me physically, but I’m ready to rise to it.”

In a statement from the BBC on Thursday, his withdrawal was put down to “unexpected medical reasons”.

The show’s executive producer Sarah James said: “We’ve absolutely loved getting to know Kristian in this short time, and he has all the makings of a brilliant Strictly Come Dancing contestant.

“We’re incredibly sorry to lose him from this year’s series and we all wish him a speedy recovery.”

His replacement will be revealed on The One Show on BBC One from 19:00 BST on Thursday.

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: OLENA NOSALII dévoile “Le Calme” — la version française de son titre intime
Next Post: Noel Clarke loses libel case against the Guardian

Related Posts

  • Mogwai’s ‘upbeat’ return after difficult years Uncategorised
  • King of the Hill and Parks and Rec actor shot dead Uncategorised
  • EMMY: 10 Facts about Ireland’s Eurovision Singer Uncategorised
  • Eurovision 2023: Grand Final performances Uncategorised
  • Alec Baldwin pleads not guilty to new involuntary manslaughter charge over Halyna Hutchins’s Rust shooting Uncategorised
  • Ncuti Gatwa regenerates into Billie Piper as he leaves Doctor Who Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK
  • Jerry Adler, who starred in The Sopranos, dies aged 96

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Melodifestivalen 2024: Producers receive 2,624 song submissions Uncategorised
  • DEN BAURIN talks about unrequited love for his colleagueon stage
    DEN BAURIN talks about unrequited love for his colleagueon stage music
  • Forgotten heroes: wounded soldiers talk about the problems of treatment
    Forgotten heroes: wounded soldiers talk about the problems of treatment Uncategorised
  • Zendaya to Co-Chair the 2024 Met Gala: Revisit Her Most Iconic Looks Uncategorised
  • "Stardust Bear Bazaar, Pt. 2 – fantasy, sci-fi, and music that can’t be stopped"
    “Stardust Bear Bazaar, Pt. 2 – fantasy, sci-fi, and music that can’t be stopped” music
  • Golden Globes 2024: How to watch and who is nominated Uncategorised
  • Co-op Live: How UK’s biggest indoor arena became butt of jokes Uncategorised
  • Judge dismisses Justin Baldoni’s $400m defamation lawsuit against Blake Lively Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme