Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • Czechia: Seven finalists revealed ahead of ESCZ 2024 national selection Uncategorised
  • Welcome to the show: Venues in Geneva, Zürich, Basel and St. Gallen express interest in hosting Eurovision 2025 Uncategorised
  • Haydn Gwynne: Drop the Dead Donkey and The Windsors star dies aged 66 Uncategorised
  • Madonna’s Celebration Tour: Greatest hits show to feature more than 40 songs Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Raiven, Nebulossa, Mustii and more Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Windows95Man, Marina Satti, Mustii and more Uncategorised
  • Emporia Rooftop Lounge: Join us in Malmö for Eurovision performances, artist meet-and-greets and more Uncategorised
  • Pesma za Evroviziju 2025: Harem Girls and Bojana & David amongst qualifiers from semi-final 1 Uncategorised

Second MasterChef contestant edited out of new series

Posted on 14 August 2025 By Admin No Comments on Second MasterChef contestant edited out of new series

Second MasterChef contestant edited out of new series

John Torode, left, and Gregg Wallace
John Torode, left, and Gregg Wallace have presented MasterChef since 2005

A second MasterChef contestant has been edited out of this year’s scandal-hit series, BBC News can reveal.

A spokesperson for the show’s production company, Banijay, said: “One other contributor decided that given recent events they would like not to be included. We have of course accepted their wishes and edited them out of the show.”

Another contestant, Sarah Shafi, was also removed from the series after asking for it not to be broadcast, following a report which upheld claims against hosts Gregg Wallace and John Torode.

The BBC decided to still show this year’s amateur series, which was filmed before the pair were sacked, saying it was “the right thing to do” for the chefs who took part.

But it faced a backlash from some women who came forward, while the broadcast union Bectu said bad behaviour “should not be rewarded with prime-time coverage”.

Former Celebrity MasterChef contestant and BBC journalist Kirsty Wark also suggested the BBC could have refilmed the series without the two co-hosts.

In the event, both Wallace and Torode remain in the series, which began last week on BBC One and on iPlayer.

But the episodes appear to have been edited to include fewer jokes than usual, with less chat between them and the chefs.

The episode which would have featured the second contestant was broadcast on BBC One on Wednesday night, but only featured five chefs rather than the usual six.

BBC News understands the individual has asked not to be identified and they will not feature in the show.

It’s believed Shafi’s episode has not yet aired.

The BBC previously said it had not been “an easy decision” to run the series, adding that there was “widespread support” among the chefs for it going ahead.

“In showing the series, which was filmed last year, it in no way diminishes our view of the seriousness of the upheld findings against both presenters,” it said.

“However, we believe that broadcasting this series is the right thing to do for these cooks who have given so much to the process. We want them to be properly recognised and give the audience the choice to watch the series.”

Upheld complaints

The controversy over MasterChef started last year, when BBC News first revealed claims of misconduct against Wallace.

Last month, a report by the show’s production company Banijay revealed that 83 complaints had been made against Wallace with more than 40 upheld, including one of unwelcome physical contact and another three of being in a state of undress.

He has insisted he was cleared of “the most serious and sensational allegations”.

In a recent interview with The Sun, he said he was “so sorry” to anyone he hurt, but insisted that he was “not a groper, a sex pest or a flasher”.

The upheld complaint against Torode related to a severely offensive racist term allegedly used on the set of MasterChef in 2018.

The presenter said he had “no recollection” of it and that any racist language is “wholly unacceptable”.

Wallace will be replaced by Irish chef Anna Haugh in the final episodes of the new series, as that is when the allegations against him first emerged during filming in November.

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: Model and actress Ellie Goldstein to make Strictly history
Next Post: Celeb-Favorite MOTHER Marks 10 Years of the Iconic Hustler Jeans — in Style

Related Posts

  • Chris Brown freed on £5m bail by London court Uncategorised
  • Eurovision tickets: You can pre-register for Basel 2025 now Uncategorised
  • Actor Gene Hackman and wife Betsy Arakawa died of natural causes one week apart Uncategorised
  • Flash poll: Who should qualify from Melodifestivalen heat 3 in Sweden? Uncategorised
  • Taylor Swift’s $12,000 Vintage Ring That Broke During MTV VMAs is Being Fixed, Jeweler Says Uncategorised
  • Dotter: My Melodifestivalen 2024 song is “from the world of Bulletproof but still totally new” Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK
  • Jerry Adler, who starred in The Sopranos, dies aged 96

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Lizzo makes comeback after ‘dark’ time amid legal battles Uncategorised
  • “Take my hand and spin me”: Olly Alexander yearns for affection in “Dizzy” lyrics Uncategorised
  • New music this week: Songs from Kalush Orchestra, Nebulossa, Mahmood and more Uncategorised
  • Rod Stewart on Glastonbury: ‘I wish they wouldn’t call it the tea time slot’ Uncategorised
  • Lawyers for Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs try again to get him freed on bail Uncategorised
  • North Macedonia: MRT’s proposed 2024 budget hints at possible Eurovision return Uncategorised
  • Gavin & Stacey: An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Christmas finale Uncategorised
  • Bicep’s Matt McBriar reveals brain tumour surgery Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme