Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • Sofia Richie Posts Precious, Rare Pic of Newborn Daughter Eloise in Chic Outfit Uncategorised
  • Zendaya Transforms Into a Couture Robot for ‘Dune: Part Two’ Premiere Uncategorised
  • Griff has toured with Taylor Swift, but still gets stage fright Uncategorised
  • Zendaya and Timothée Chalamet Wear Matching Jumpsuits During ‘Dune: Part Two’ Event Uncategorised
  • Céline Dion appears at Eurovision, as Sweden qualify for the final Uncategorised
  • Kate Middleton Sparkles in 100-Year-Old Tiara for Buckingham Palace Banquet Uncategorised
  • Sheridan Smith: ‘I lost confidence but it’s come back’ Uncategorised
  • Fab four stars revealed for major Beatles films Uncategorised

Gregg Wallace warned not to ‘say women made it up’

Posted on 9 July 2025 By Admin No Comments on Gregg Wallace warned not to ‘say women made it up’

Gregg Wallace warned not to ‘say women made it up’

Gregg Wallace has been warned by one of the country’s most senior barristers not to say the women coming forward with claims against him are making things up.

The comments from Baroness Helena Kennedy, who chairs a watchdog aimed at improving standards of behaviour in the creative industries, come after 50 more people contacted BBC News with claims about the TV presenter, which he denies.

An inquiry into allegations of misconduct against him, conducted by an independent law firm on behalf of MasterChef’s production company Banijay, is expected to report back imminently.

BBC News has not seen that report, but Wallace insisted it had cleared him of “the most serious and sensational allegations”.

His comments came as it emerged that he had been sacked as MasterChef presenter as a result of the inquiry into alleged misconduct.

As the face of BBC One cooking show MasterChef, Gregg Wallace, 60, was one of the most high-profile presenters on British television for 20 years.

Defending himself on Tuesday, Wallace said he had been hired “as the cheeky greengrocer. A real person with warmth, character, rough edges and all”.

In an interview with Newsnight, Baroness Kennedy said the public might have enjoyed watching the cheeky chappy but they had not seen his “uglier side”.

She said if she had one bit of advice for the presenter, it would be not to dismiss the women’s claims.

“There may be an opportunity for you to make a comeback at some point but don’t say that all of these women have made this stuff up and don’t say that it’s all invented,” she said.

Baroness Kennedy also criticised managers across the TV industry for not dealing early on with concerns relating to the MasterChef presenter.

She said that if managers employed people who did not know how to behave, they had a responsibility to take them to one side, and nip issues in the bud as soon as possible.

“That was not done,” she added.

Wallace stepped aside from MasterChef in November after our initial investigation at the end of last year, when 13 people accused him of making inappropriate sexual comments.

The new claims come from people who say they encountered him across a range of shows and settings.

The majority say he made inappropriate sexual comments, while 11 women accuse him of inappropriate sexual behaviour, such as groping and touching.

One woman says Wallace took his trousers down in front of her in a dressing room, in what she described as “disgusting and predatory” behaviour.

Another says she was left feeling “absolutely horrified” and “quite sick” when he groped her.

Other people who contacted us with new claims about the presenter include:

The allegations raise fresh questions for the BBC and the other companies he worked for about their safeguarding practices and duty of care.

On Tuesday, Wallace wrote a lengthy Instagram post in which he said the “most damaging claims” against him “were found to be baseless after a full and forensic six month investigation”.

He added: “I will not go quietly. I will not be cancelled for convenience. I was tried by media and hung out to dry well before the facts were established.”

He accused the BBC of “peddling baseless and sensationalised gossip masquerading as properly corroborated stories”.

Banijay UK said: “While the external investigation is ongoing, we won’t be commenting on individual allegations. We encourage anyone wishing to raise issues or concerns to contact us in confidence.”

A BBC spokesperson said: “Banijay UK instructed the law firm Lewis Silkin to run an investigation into allegations against Gregg Wallace.

“We are not going to comment until the investigation is complete and the findings are published.”

If you are affected by any of the issues in this story, help and support is available at BBC Action Line.

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: The Salt Path author defends herself against claims she misled readers
Next Post: Joe Locke set for West End after shooting Heartstopper movie

Related Posts

  • Estonia: Eesti Laul 2024 reveals the 15 semi-finalists…with 5 automatic qualifiers coming on November 7 Uncategorised
  • The Best Rain Jackets for Women: Shop Styles From Free People, The North Face and More Uncategorised
  • Poll: Who should win the OGAE Song Contest 2024? Uncategorised
  • Best albums of 2024: Charli XCX, Beyonce, The Cure and more Uncategorised
  • Ukrainian Eurovision artists and Ukrainian designers united in creative collaborations at “United by Dream” Charity Party
    Ukrainian Eurovision artists and Ukrainian designers united in creative collaborations at “United by Dream” Charity Party Uncategorised
  • Belgium: Grace, Lenn, Le Manou and LEEZ showcase Eurosong 2025 entries Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK
  • Jerry Adler, who starred in The Sopranos, dies aged 96

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Bicep’s Matt McBriar reveals brain tumour surgery Uncategorised
  • Romania at Eurovision: What’s your favourite entry so far? Uncategorised
  • I am sorry and ashamed after BBC sacking – Jenas Uncategorised
  • Melodifestivalen 2024 rumour season begins: Dotter and Liamoo reported for the contest Uncategorised
  • ‘There will never be another Ozzy’: Stars pay tribute to rock legend Uncategorised
  • Eurovision 2025: Host city odds list Zürich as favourite to win Switzerland’s selection process Uncategorised
  • Vidbir 2024 wildcard contest – Who should progress to Ukraine’s national final? Uncategorised
  • Video games strike rumbles on in row over AI Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme