Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • Acting legend Dame Joan Plowright dies at 95 Uncategorised
  • Sienna Miller condemns age gap ‘double standards’ Uncategorised
  • Junior Eurovision 2023: Estonia and Germany among 16 participating countries Uncategorised
  • Cardi B Speaks Out Amid Backlash for Referring to Met Gala Designer as ‘Asian’ Instead of Using His Name Uncategorised
  • Poll results: Albania’s Shkodra Elektronike are our readers’ favourite act to win Eurovision 2025 Uncategorised
  • Liam Payne’s death ‘indescribably painful’, says Cheryl Uncategorised
  • Charlotte Perrelli to sing at Eurovision in Concert 2024…as she co-hosts with Cornald Maas Uncategorised
  • Diddy called witnesses from prison, prosecutors say Uncategorised

Fans fuming after unofficial Bridgerton Ball flops

Posted on 25 September 2024 By Admin No Comments on Fans fuming after unofficial Bridgerton Ball flops

Fans fuming after unofficial Bridgerton Ball flops

Close up of lady wearing blue ballgown curtsying

Bridgerton fans have been left fuming after an unofficial ball in Detroit based on the Netflix show fell far below expectations.

The event on Sunday was supposed to be a glamorous affair with ballroom dancing and music, similar to that enjoyed by the members of Regency high society in the hit series.

But it has since gone viral on social media, as attendees complained it was a “scam”, with cheap decor, undercooked food and just a stripper for entertainment.

Event organisers Uncle & Me LLC have not responded to the BBC’s request for comment, but they told a local media outlet that they were working to address concerns.

The event was not endorsed by or associated with Netflix or production company Shondaland.

The advert for the event invited fans to “step into the enchanting world of the Regency era at the Detroit Bridgerton-themed ball”.

“Join us for an evening of sophistication, grace, and historical charm. Experience a night like no other filled with music, dance, and exquisite costumes,” it read.

But fans are now calling for refunds, with photos and videos circulating on social media showing women, dressed in their finest outfits, sitting on the floor scrolling on their phones.

“This is right up there with the Fyre Festival scam,” wrote one on Facebook, referring to another infamous failed venture.

“I’ve seen kids parties that look better. It was bare and ugly,” wrote another, who said most people had left by 9pm.

Screenshots of tickets online showed prices starting at around $150, but others spent more for the “Duke and Duchess” package which included dinner.

But the meal was criticised by attendees, with one saying it was “terrible” and others saying it was still raw.

A picture of Colin and Penelope in Bridgerton
The third season of Netflix’s period drama Bridgerton was released earlier this year

“Chicken was undercooked and pasta was cold. By the time I got a plate they were running out of food,” wrote one.

Several people also complained about the food running out.

Meanwhile, the entertainment also disappointed, with just one violinist despite guests being told there would be a full orchestra.

There was also a pole-dancing stripper, leaving some fans to question what that had to do with Bridgerton.

“They hired a stripper, we were promised an instrumental performance,” wrote a TikTok user.

She added that over 60 people were leaving just as she arrived. “People leaving told me to just go bar-hopping with with them.”

Another disappointed TikTokker posted a picture of the outfit she says she “wasted” at the event.

“I was ready to be diamond of the season. I left early,” she said.

In an interview with local news station WXYZ-TV, Detroit acrobat Tink said she had been hired as a pole-dancer just three hours before the event.

“I just feel very bad for all the patrons who showed up to the event just because my goal as a performer is to bring happiness and cheers to everyone,” she said.

“So it kind of just bummed me out knowing everyone was so unhappy with the outcome.”

People on social media have been quick to note the similarities with other viral flops, including the Fyre festival in the Bahamas and the Willy Wonka experience in Glasgow, which saw a handful of embarrassed actors trying to make the best of some sad-looking props and a bouncy castle.

In a statement to WXYZ-TV, Uncle & Me LLC said: “We understand that not everyone had the experience they hoped for at our most recent event Sunday night at The Harmonie Club, and for that, we sincerely apologise.

“Our intention was to provide a magical evening, but we recognise that organizational challenges affected the enjoyment of some guests. We take full responsibility and accountability for these shortcomings.”

The company said it was working to address all concerns raised by guests, adding: “We are reviewing resolution options, which will be communicated shortly.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: What is the controversy around Netflix’s Menendez drama
Next Post: Angela represented Ukraine at Sofia Fashion Week

Related Posts

  • Malcolm in the Middle’s brother recast for revival Uncategorised
  • “Her love is dangerous”: Marcus & Martinus are drawn to a venomous lover in “Unforgettable” lyrics Uncategorised
  • Martin Bashir: BBC releases 3,000 emails about Princess Diana interview scandal Uncategorised
  • EBU to analyse how Eurovision participation is managed amidst “geopolitical tensions” following General Assembly discussion on Israel Uncategorised
  • Blake Lively Makes a ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Style Statement in Two Perfectly On-Theme Looks With Ryan Reynolds Uncategorised
  • It’s a goal! Türkiye national football team adopts Alexander Rybak’s “Fairytale” as its anthem Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK
  • Jerry Adler, who starred in The Sopranos, dies aged 96

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Edinburgh Fringe funniest joke: Simmons’ sailing gag triumphs Uncategorised
  • Taylor Swift Wows in White-and-Black Look at 2024 GRAMMYs Uncategorised
  • Call the Midwife creator: ‘People tell me birth stories in the supermarket’ Uncategorised
  • Wiwi Jury: Netherlands’ Joost Klein with “Europapa” Uncategorised
  • Lady Gaga: My biggest fear? Being alone Uncategorised
  • Elyce Arons Reveals the Vintage Shopping Method She Used With the Late Kate Spade and More Fashion Tips  Uncategorised
  • Eurovision 2025: Geneva and Basel shortlisted as final two candidate cities to host Uncategorised
  • Annie Macmanus says music industry has ‘tidal wave’ of sexual abuse cases Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme