Skip to content
  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
Style Focus

Style Focus

  • About us
  • Music
  • Celebrities
  • TV and Movies
  • Fashion
  • Entertaiment
  • Life Style
  • Travel and Health
  • Toggle search form
  • New music this week (part 2): Songs from Nemo, Marina Satti, Ermal Meta and more Uncategorised
  • Annie Nightingale: Trailblazing BBC Radio 1 DJ dies at 83 Uncategorised
  • JJ reveals “Wasted Love” — Austria’s Eurovision 2025 song about unrequitted love Uncategorised
  • Vicky Pattison’s sex tape warning and The Weeknd’s final chapter: This week’s big releases Uncategorised
  • BBC boss says sorry over Strictly complaints Uncategorised
  • “I got a soul on fire”: Mustii releases his pain with the “Before the Party’s Over” lyrics Uncategorised
  • Bobicoz - "Good Day": a song that unites all Ukrainians
    Bobicoz – “Good Day”: a song that unites all Ukrainians music
  • Hundreds lodge complaints over Oasis ticket prices Uncategorised

Giovanni Pernice insists ‘I’ll be back’ after Strictly accusation

Posted on 21 July 2024 By Admin No Comments on Giovanni Pernice insists ‘I’ll be back’ after Strictly accusation

Giovanni Pernice insists ‘I’ll be back’ after Strictly accusation

Giovanni Pernice and Amanda Abbington
Giovanni Pernice’s ex-dance partner on Strictly Come Dancing, Amanda Abbington, has criticised his behaviour on the show

Former Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Giovanni Pernice has insisted “I’ll be back” after facing allegations about his behaviour on the show.

His former dance partner Amanda Abbington had claimed his behaviour on Strictly was “unnecessary, abusive, cruel and mean”, in an interview with the Sun on Sunday.

It had been widely reported that Sherlock star Abbington experienced difficulties working with her dance partner Pernice on the show in 2023.

Strictly has confirmed the dancer will not be returning for the show’s series this year, and his spokesperson has previously said he refuted the allegations and denied any accusations of abusive or threatening behaviour.

On stage during his tour in Manchester on Sunday, Pernice said: “Let’s see what this mad woman has got to say next.” He did not name anyone.

The 33-year-old Italian dancer has been on the BBC One celebrity dancing contest since 2015, winning it in 2021 with actress Rose Ayling-Ellis.

Abbington, who withdrew from last year’s series in October, has told the Sunday newspaper she feared a backlash if she complained and claimed the BBC had known about his behaviour for years.

In the interview, Abbington said: “I found Giovanni’s behaviour unnecessary, abusive, cruel and mean. I couldn’t sit back and let him do that to other people.”

More on Strictly Come Dancing:

Pernice was on stage on Sunday with Strictly judge Anton Du Beke for the final stop on the Anton and Giovanni Together Live Tour.

Initially, the pair did not acknowledge the media storm that has surrounded Strictly in recent weeks.

It felt almost like a parallel universe. Away from the newspaper headlines, here we had jokes, background dancers and a dizzying number of costume changes.

At one point, Pernice and Du Beke were sparring over whether spaghetti bolognese is better than fish and chips. The next minute, Pernice was working the crowd, urging them all to shout “yee-haw” back at him.

But around halfway through the show, Pernice addressed the elephant in the room.

“Oh, I will be back, don’t you worry,” Pernice said to loud cheers during a performance at the Lowry in Manchester, before making his remarks about the reports.

June, left, and her daughter Amanda, travelled to Manchester for the show
June, left, and her daughter Amanda, travelled to Manchester for the show

In the bathroom during the interval, women were discussing the comments and saying they assumed he was referring to Abbington.

And after the show, fans – perhaps unsurprisingly – were expressing support for Pernice.

“He will be back,” said June, referring back to Pernice’s comments.

Her daughter Amanda added that she’s been a Strictly fan from the start, and the allegations haven’t changed that. But she said it was “a shame” that Strictly was going into its 20-anniversary year with a cloud hanging over it.

In a statement provided to BBC News earlier, Pernice’s spokesperson said: “The BBC has shared allegations from the inquiry with Giovanni, who has cooperated fully. None of the allegations carried in the Sun on Sunday are included in any shape or form.

“Giovanni refutes these allegations and denies any accusations of abusive or threatening behaviour.

“He has provided substantive evidence to the investigation, and he remains fully confident of clearing his name.”

The BBC has previously said it has robust duty of care procedures and that it does not comment on specific matters related to individuals.

The broadcaster said: “Anyone involved in a complaint has a right to confidentiality and fair process. If a complaint is made to the BBC, we assess and take any necessary steps to establish the facts, whether there is a case to answer, and, if appropriate, what action should be taken.

“This is all within the context of the BBC having duties of care to everyone linked to a complaint – that applies to those that have raised the complaint and to those that have been complained about.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Uncategorised

Post navigation

Previous Post: New music this week: Songs from Ronela Hajati, Daði Freyr, Alessandra, and more
Next Post: Keanu Reeves: I think about death all the time

Related Posts

  • Welcome to the show: Venues in Geneva, Zürich, Basel and St. Gallen express interest in hosting Eurovision 2025 Uncategorised
  • Gene Hackman’s wife searched online for flu and Covid symptoms Uncategorised
  • Dr. Komarovsky reveals the shocking problems of wounded soldiers and civilians in Ukraine
    We need to save, not amputate: Dr. Komarovsky reveals the shocking problems of wounded soldiers and civilians in Ukraine Uncategorised
  • Warner Bros Discovery and Paramount in merger talks Uncategorised
  • Trolls told me I was too fat to play Kate – Crown star Uncategorised
  • Bella Thorne Dishes on Her Upcoming ‘Fairytale’ Wedding and ‘Interesting’ Fashion Choices for the Big Day Uncategorised

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Ariana Grande announces first tour for seven years
  • BuDhaGirl’s Jessica Jesse Is Making Mindfulness Chic With Bangles That Double as Daily Rituals
  • What difference will marriage make to Taylor Swift’s music?
  • Meghan on who said ‘I love you’ first, and what she misses about UK
  • Jerry Adler, who starred in The Sopranos, dies aged 96

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025
  • April 2025
  • March 2025
  • February 2025
  • January 2025
  • December 2024
  • November 2024
  • October 2024
  • September 2024
  • August 2024
  • July 2024
  • June 2024
  • May 2024
  • April 2024
  • March 2024
  • February 2024
  • January 2024
  • December 2023
  • November 2023
  • October 2023
  • September 2023
  • August 2023
  • July 2023
  • April 2023
  • March 2023
  • February 2023
  • January 2023
  • March 2022

Categories

  • announcements
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • music
  • Persons
  • Uncategorised
  • Sara Siipola releases “Paskana” — her UMK 2024 song in Finland Uncategorised
  • I am sorry and ashamed after BBC sacking – Jenas Uncategorised
  • K-pop boy band Seventeen make Glastonbury history Uncategorised
  • The Beatles’ hits albums denied number one (again) Uncategorised
  • Nick Knowles to miss Strictly due to injury Uncategorised
  • “Overture” by GIO LIN: a journey through music
    “Overture” by GIO LIN: a journey through music music
  • Olivia Rodrigo Shines in Shimmering Bombshell Dress at the 2023 MTV VMAs Uncategorised
  • Social Media Star Tezza Barton Reveals the Exact Method She Uses to Take Perfect Photos Uncategorised

Copyright © Style Focus

Powered by PressBook News WordPress theme